Nowadays lifestyle is fast and dynamic. There is no time to eat, rest or literally enjoy things. That's how S M O O T H I E S became very popular and they are a must to many of us!
Smoothies are great for a quick breakfast, an easy and satisfying way to refuel after working out or just a perfect afternoon refreshing delight.
Since I love everything about smoothies, I decided to share how and what I use in my daily smoothie recipes.
First, let's briefly go through some of the vital reasons why to drink smoothies & about top benefits of green smoothies:
1. Simple and quick to make, which is very important for our fast lifestyle. The only equipment you need is a blender;
2. Great way to eat different veggies without even realizing it. The taste of the greens is hidden by the taste of the fruit, so you don't even notice the veggies are there;
3. Drinking green smoothies on a regular basis provides all the nutrients to your body for a natural detoxification and cleanse;
4. Easy to digest, because the ingredients are alredy blended and liquified;
5. Green smoothies will keep you hydrated and energized.
So much good things wrapped in one will for sure make you start drinking this "magical" green potion. ;)
Whenever I'm putting a new green smoothie recipe together I use a basic smoothie formula:
- 2 cups greens
- 2 cups fruits
- 2 cups liquid base
+ supplements for extra nutritional BOOST:
- hemp protein powder
- acai powder
- flax, hemp & chia seeds
- coconut oil.
For today I chose my own favorite recipe:
2 cups baby spinach
1,5 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups orange juice
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
Add the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
And voilà, your "magical" green potion is ready! Enjoy it, your body will appreciate it!
Let me know how you like it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
With love, Anela.