It's after Christmas and New Year's time and there is always going so much on about the "diets" and "detox time" from exaggerating with all the delicious food during the holidays. Well, maybe this simple but very healthy recipe of "Chia Fresca" will inspire you to drink something healthy on an every day basis! ;)
Chia Fresca has been a popular drink in Mexico for many years now. It's made up of water, chia seeds and lemon juice. You can get my favorite chia seeds on www.sensilab.si.
Some benefits of chia seeds:
- chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids
- chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants
- chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories
- chia seeds are high in quality protein
- almost all the carbs in them are fiber
How to make Chia Fresca?
Simple: add chia and water into a glass or bottle. Let sit for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell up. Then add lemon juice. Stir or shake well to combine and voilà, your Chia Fresca is ready!