- Y O G A is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. -
A few years ago I started working on my yoga abilities. I have to admit I started on my own at home watching youtube pro yoga teachers' videos and tried to do some basic yoga poses in front of the mirror. Somehow I really got the feeling for it! I was listening to my body and just kept doing it. Then I went to a couple of professional classes in New Yok and Paris during my model traveling and that's how yoga become part of my everyday.
Yoga is something you never really learn entirely, it's a way of life. You can always push yourself harder and achieve something new. Yoga is not just about your body abilities, it's much deeper and totally connected to your mind. It's all about the balance.
The best thing about it is that it's never too late to start and you can do it whenever and wherever you want. Eeach try makes you stronger and brings you to the next personal level.
Because the autumn weather is really nice and sunny, I went to park Tivoli and did my yoga session there. You can see some of the basic yoga poses in the beautiful autumn vibe.
With yoga I learnt my body is the most amazing thing I will ever own.
- Namaste -
Hey, guys! It's been a while since I've posted about my trainings. No worries, I'm working hard three times a week, it just takes time to get my boys Mario & Robert around to do the training and to capture everything with the camera. ;) But when it happens, we have a lot of fun!
While those "trainings" for the blog don't look as a REAL training day, you're right, they don't. Because when we're taking pictures I want to get the proper execution of exercises and all together make more attractive for you guys. ;) However, on my real training days I'm all sweaty, red in the face and I can barely breathe, that's when it's important for me to really focus just on and dedicate myself to the workout and do my best.
So, here you go! Today's workout is in pair again, which makes everyting a bit easier somehow, because you have your training buddy with you. We did 5 different exercises based on abs and balance:
1. Russian twist:
- sit on the floor leaning back to back with the knees together and slightly bent;
- twist and hand the ball to your partner from side to side;
- make sure you are moving from your waist, not your shoulders.
2. Partner squats:
- stand back to back;
- lean against each other;
- lower your hips together until your thighs are parallel to the floor;
- with each squat pass the ball above the head to your partner.
3. Side ab crunches:
- lie on your back next to your partner in opposite direction;
- bend your knees and put your hands behind your head;
- lift your shoulders towards the ceiling using your abdominal muscles and “high 5” to your partner.
4. Partner push up plank:
- go into a plank with your heads pointed at each other;
- lift one hand up from your plank and give your partner’s shoulder a good push;
- partner should do the same on your opposite shoulder.
5. Bosu ball squats:
- stand on a bosu ball with your feet hip-width apart;
- together with your partner hold the ball at head height;
- bend your hips and knees to lower into a squat.
- A word of warning: please do not attempt to perform these exercises at home as they can be dangerous without professional supervision. -